CLICK HERE TO JOIN ONLINE
CLICK HERE TO RENEW ONLINE
2017 NYSCRA Membership Application Form (PDF)
Why should YOU be a member of NYSCRA?
In addition to providing current members with these MEMBER-ONLY discounts*:
NYSCRA does the following:
- Works to maintain your rights to work in the state.
- Administers the NYRCR (New York Realtime Court Reporter) and NYACR (New York Association Certified Reporter) voluntary certifcation exams and publishes the dates of the tests in The Transcript and on the website.
- Monitors, promotes, and lobbies to pass legislation favorable to the interest of court reporters, captioners, and CART providers. Monitors legislation affecting our profession on a statewide and national basis through both our Legislative Committee and our Board.
- Sponsors an biannual conference featuring excellent continuing education opportunities, great speakers and updates on the latest in reporting technology.
- Publishes The Transcript, a quarterly newsletter containing the newest up-to-the-minute reporting developments throughout the state, highlights of board meetings, advertisements of vendors and agency owners, and names of NYSCRA officers.
- Serves as the official affiliated state unit of the National Court Reporters Association.
- Promotes student recruitment.
- Organizes letter-writing campaigns on issues affecting our profession.
- Offers members reduced rates for conventions and seminars.
- Sends representative members to legislative boot camps, leadership conferences, and the national convention for training and education.
- Provides reporters for demonstrations on request and attends career days throughout the state.
- Provides an association staff person, Dave Wenhold, NYSCRA Executive Director, to assist members on all questions.
*Members, please log in and visit the Member Discounts page under the "The Association" tab for information about how to recieve these discounts.